A.D. Penedo is a lyricist/librettist, playwright and author living and working in New York City. His plays and musicals have been performed in New York and in theaters across the country. He also writes and publishes short stories and novellas, and is currently working on a trio of one-acts about middle-aged romance and a memoir.
Musicals (Lyrics, Co-Book):
• Who’s Your Baghdaddy? – Second Off-Broadway run ended June 2017 at St Luke’s Theater, New York. Previously at The Actors Temple Theater, New York (OBA Nominee, Best Off-Broadway Musical 2015; New York Times Critics Pick, 2015; Manhattan Digest’s Best of 2015 Theater). Script and license available from Dramatist Play Services (www.dramatists.com). Original Off-Broadway Cast Recording available at www.broadwayrecords.com
• Loch Ness – Upcoming regional production at Finger Lakes Theater Festival, Auburn NY, opening September 28, 2019; Adirondacks Theater Festival, Glens Falls NY, 2018; Chance Theater, Anaheim CA (Best Musical Production of 2015, The OC Weekly; Best Production 2015, Orange Curtain Review).
• The Chocolate Tree – Stages Rep, Houston; ACE Theater, Eugene, Oregon; NAMT; NYMF.
• Where It’s At – Yale 2008; NY Fringe Festival 2005; Princeton 2005
• Cratchett Farm – Dillons, New York, 2003; ASCAP 2003
• The Three Times She Knocked – FringeNYC (Best Playwrighting).
• Dance of the Fireflies – Payan Theater, New York; Yale.
• Thursday – Yale
• Off the Record (short play) – New York
BMI Lehman-Engel Musical Theater Workshop; ASCAP Musical Theater Workshop; Dramatist Guild; B.A. in English, Colgate University.